Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Monday, August 2, 2010

Moving On....

How is it that life seems to go so fast?  I survived the closing of the business that I was involved in and now it's time to move on to the next chapter of my life.  I'm answering job postings and somehow, God has given me peace as I search where the open door is...  The last few months and the closing took all of my attention so now I am enjoying some fabric shopping and sewing.  I'm enjoying the slow down...

Here it is, August...  The heat and humidity are oppressive.  The only tolerable part of the day to enjoy the outside is early in the morning.  I truly enjoy the morning.  The dogs are full of energy and run from one end of the yard to the other, smiling all the while.  Sometimes I wish I could join in with them, but if I get in the way, sometimes they are not watching where they are going, and they hit me in full gait!  It doesn't seem to bother them, but I have learned to stay out of their way as they run with abandon.

It feels good to be posting again. 
Enjoy!
Val 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Val...thank you so much for your comments lately! the kids are always moving around...like you say your dogs are...and now that we have a dog again, even more activity! I say go and join them!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)