Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Rustic Black Walnut Hairsticks...


My neighbors have a huge black walnut tree that overhangs into my backyard.  Occassionally, a branch will fall from the tree.  Not long ago, I was gardening, and came across some branches that had fallen, and it crossed my mind that this wonderful black walnut wood might make some interesting hairsticks...  So I broke a couple of interesting prospects off.  I smoothed them, sharpened the end with my carving knife, sealed them and secured some beads with copper wire.  The copper adds to the rustic nature...  I tried them out and they work well!  A Happy Result! 
Have a wonderful November day!
Keep Creating...
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)