Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cross Stitching...Quiet Comfort


     I'm cross stitching again...  This is my latest project.  I designed it the other day, bought some 28 count linen, overdyed it to gve it an older look and now I can say that "I'm gaining on it...".  I'm using Simply Shaker Sampler Threads.  This particular black thread is named "Raven".  It has a dark green undertone, that I really like.  The design has a primitive aspect...   Unpretentious...  When it is completely finished, I will post it.  There is such quiet comfort in this process for me. 
    I have started making some bread this morning and it is beginning it's first rise...I love to have bread baking in the oven.  Even seeing it cooling on the rack is visually pleasing..  There is quiet comfort in breadmaking also...  I hope you have something that brings you comfort today...
Keep Creating,
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)