Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Saturday, January 21, 2012

On the river at Kaw Point...

Not long ago, a friend and I went down to Kaw Point State Park at the confluence of the Kansas River and the Missouri River.  It happened to be the place where Lewis and Clark spent a few days before they started their way north up the Missouri (1803-1806).  I don't know what it is about water...it draws me to it and feeds my soul and spirit.  The Missouri is a powerful river and to see the current was a mix of wonder and certainly respect.  In this picture you can see downtown Kansas City in the background. 
What things feed your soul?
Keep Creating,
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)