Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Newly Completed Art Quilt

Greetings!  This is the latest art quilt that I have finished.  It is part of a series of three.  I work from an intuitive perspective, and it is always so interesting how they take on a life of their own.  As I worked on this, it reminded me of paths and patterns that show up in our lives...it may be the influence of other people or the experience of a place...  It is painted on fabric and then embellished with machine stitching.  I have the other two pieces that I am continuing to work on for an exhibition in March.
Keep Creating,
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)