Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Knitting and Hiking!

I've just finished a sweater for the baby next door...I hope he has not grown too much! If that's the case, it will give me another project to work on and this sweater will go to someone else! The pattern is from Debbie Bliss as noted in the post in July. It took me a while to finish it.  I had some other projects vying for my attention and I knitted truly at my leisure!  I love the blocking process, because you start out with something that is hardly admirable and afterward the fibers are convinced to behave and the final result is so satisfying.  I have a shawl project that is in need of attention, so that is the next creative pursuit.


       
I broke down and invested in very nice backpack with a camelback hydration system to use when hiking.  It is designed for the dayhiker and I'll be able to bring food for lunch along with space to bring some knitting or a book.  So far, I've used it up at Weston Bend State Park and really enjoyed it.  The above picture is from a vantage point above the river.  We were happy to see wild turkeys on our hike and I whispered to them how smart they were to reside in a park this time of year during hunting season...  Thanksgiving is this next week and I'm so looking forward to it.  I have such a sense of unity with all the people across the U.S. who are celebrating as well.  The heavenly scents from the kitchen are something I look forward to each year...
Happy Thanksgiving to All,
Val

                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)