Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Thursday, July 7, 2011

To Honor Karen Moore...

How surprised and saddened I was to hear that Karen Moore had passed away on July 5, 2011. I knew her from my time spent at Harper's in Overland Park, Kansas. She was so generous, talented, compassionate, loved her family...I could go on... She will be greatly missed. I saw her only about two weeks ago, and I can only wonder if she knew how much I appreciated her??? This has impressed upon me again, the importance to let the people who are in your life, know how much you treasure their friendship, companionship and love. Please, let the people in your life know... She was an enthusiastic knitter as well as sewer...and we always informed each other what we were each working on. Once, when I was having a problem with a knitting pattern, she so generously invited me to her beautiful house so she could help me... We had a wonderful time together...did I thank her enough? My prayers go out to her family.
Val :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)