Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Heartache...

I said goodbye to a dear friend on June 16th, 2011...

My cat, Lucy. This is a picture of her as she found a place to sleep in the pillowcase of my pillow during the afternoon... She was loving, gregarious, engaged and courageous. She was undaughted with large dogs and would sniff their feet as she passed when they were sleeping. She would spend time with me as I sewed, often sitting next to my sewing machine, just to be close to me. As I worked on the computer, I would often feel her at my leg and I would peer down on her and she would be looking up. Oh, how my heart breaks... Oh, if tears could bring them back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)