Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Monday, April 7, 2014

April Outing On the Missouri River

Paseo Bridge in Kansas City, Missouri over the Missouri River
Greetings to You!
It has been a long haul, but I'm just now feeling like my life is coming back to me...   At first, my strength was so low, so I took the time to just go easy with myself.  If I did something, sometimes it would take a day to recuperate.  So recently I went out to the Missouri river and collected some driftwood.  In the past, it would take a day or two to feel better, but now my strength stayed consistent and the next day, I did not feel any depletion of energy...this was a milestone for me.  In the meantime, I've been attending my Art Quilt group, and we had an exhibition locally for the month of March.  And, now another exhibition will be opening on April 18, 2014 at the Inter Urban Art House in Historic Downtown Overland Park for two months.  My work is a piece that I did before illness overtook me, named Paths and Patterns in Life...Rise and Fall. 
I'm so glad to be back!
I'm ready to be creating with the rest of you!
Val   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)