Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Garage Sales in Preparation for Moving West...


Lady is truly at rest in the partial sun.  I wish I could take a nap like this....  I'm getting my house ready to sell so I can make my move west...  I've had 2 garage sales, 2 weeks apart (because I kept discovering new stuff to sell...).  And now I'm trying to recover...  I was diagnosed with RA early in my twenties and have been very happy to be in remission through  the years, because I learned to take care of myself.  But, with all the exertion and planning, I have had a set back.  I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to have this show up again...  The pain, swelling and stiffness are no picnic.  At first, I thought, "What is this???"...and then I remembered.  It had been a long time since I'd had a setback...  And so now I know that it will just take some time and rest.  I just have to take care of myself... 
 
And now she stirs in her sleep...perhaps dreaming of some other time... 
I hope all is well with you all, and take care.
Keep creating,
Val
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)