Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Friday, December 14, 2012

Abstract Beaded Brooch


I have been busy!   I just completed this Abstract Beaded Brooch.  I started with my hand painted fabric, and then embellished it with decorative stitching.  Then the beading begins!  This process is improvisational, so I never know what the final outcome will be...it is truly a creative adventure.  I backed it with felted blue wool. I then stitched a pin and label for the back.  I am so happy with the result!   It is really beautiful!
I hope you are having a wonderful Friday and that your weekend will be restful!
Keep Creating,
Val
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)