Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Apple Butter!

     A friend had 10 pounds of apples that she didn't know what to do with and offered them to me, and I thought, "I know what to do with them,...apple butter!"  My mother used to make it for our family when I was a child and when I had a family of my own she gave me the recipe.  It is easy to make although there are some steps involved.  I washed and halved the apples and put them in a roaster with just enough water to cover the bottom layer and covered it and put it on a medium low setting and just let them cook.  Along the way, I mashed and stirred them.  The result is what you see above.  I then put them through a food mill, added sugar and spices and put them in my slow cooker on low for about 12 hours. The house smelled heavenly! And the result was....



I took the pint to work and got rave reviews,...I had to concur I love it too!
This too, is part of the creative life!
Keep Creating, Val

  

1 comment:

  1. Brings back memories of apple butter in my youth...I'll have to get my recipe out!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)