Welcome!

Welcome! ....As a Painter and Textile Artist....... I also make "stuff". I love the creative process... My design style spans from the charm and unpretentions of the Rustic, Folkart Primitives, the comfortable and pleasant Cottage/Traditionals, to the surprises in Found Object and the mystery of Improvisational Abstract. I am inspired by God and His creation... I design and paint, and sew and knit and carve wood, and enjoy needle handwork... My creative curiosity leads me from one to the next... I enjoy my garden, have a dog and a cat, love the outdoors, and I enjoy my family and friends! I currently live in the beautiful state of Idaho...

Sunday, September 11, 2011

My New Passion...Hummingbirds!

It all began when I noticed more than the usual very few hummingbirds in my garden....   I knew that I had a feeder somewhere in the garage, so I decided to try and find it, which I did.  I cleaned it up and found a recipe for "homemade" nectar of 1/4 cup sugar added to 1 cup boiling water, and boiled for 2 minutes,.. let it cool and then it is ready to be put into a clean feeder.  It is important to not let it go beyond 2 minutes (it changes it somehow).  I put it out into the garden and within only a few minutes, they were in attendance.  What cheap entertainment!!  They are such amazing little creatures, so much fun to watch and so beautiful when the sun hits their feathers. They are active from daybreak to beyond dusk.  I heartily recommend this to anyone. 
Enjoy!
Val

1 comment:

  1. Hej Val

    Thank you for stopping by and following.
    And now I have found you!
    Please to *meet* you ;-)
    WOW I LOVE hummingbirds and have always been fascinated when I have watched wildlife programmes on T.V. How wonderful to be that close and to have them in your garden.
    LOVE PEACE enJOY!
    Julie
    x

    P.S. LOVE your Art Quilt... x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I read each one!
Val :-)